28 July 2013

FIRST SPONSOR: GLYDE LONGBOARDS

A few days ago I was completely blown away by a gail force wind of stoke when the boys from Glyde Longboards asked me to be apart of their family.



Glyde is an Australian company located on the Gold Coast in Queensland. They have been making the highest quality decks imaginable for a few years now, and there is no sight of them slowing down. The team consists of some of the worlds best shredders and on top of that they are all top quality humans. I am so honoured to be the first bird on the team.

Being sponsored isn't the reason I skate and it never will be. I skate for the memories, for the love and simply because I have never had so much fun in my life. And some how i lucked out and now am sponsored to do something i love so much.

I am currently waiting for my Glyde 'Haymaker' and Robustus to arrive, but in the meantime I have been skating on a deck that is very similar in shape and concave to the Haymaker. And to be honest it is out of this world, constructed from high quality bamboo and rock maple materials there is no such thing as flex with this board. Oh and the concave, there really is no way to effectively describe how the 'spoon cave' holds your front foot, and how the w through the central part of the deck allows for the most secure feeling i have ever felt on a deck while in tuck. The only way to understand is to have a stand. Get into your local shop, pull the Haymaker off the wall, have a stand, then take out your wallet (depending on age could very well be your parents wallet) and take this baby home with you.


Australia is the place to be right now and I'm stoked to be apart of such a rad community. I would like to thank all who have helped me get get this stoked on life, those who taught me to tuck, those who pushed me off my board and those who have shown me what it means to love what you do.

Much love to all,

Ceebee.


Ps. Below are the names of the local shops which stock Gylde Longboards. #supportlocal

Cre8ive Sk8 // Townsville
Concrete Lines // Gold Coast
Sk8er // Brisbane
Shredders Board Store // Canberra
Hopkin Skate Shop // Sydney



Bird: Phoebe Cochrane 
Photos: Tim Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment