28 April 2014

The Knee-be Comeback Tour: Stay Thankful

So here we go, this is the first of I'm sure many posts on my journey from being broken to getting back on a board.

About 3 hours ago I had an appointment with my surgeon to find out the verdict on another bunch of MRIs but this time for my other knee. The images from the scans showed what I feared most, another ruptured Anterior Cruciate Ligament. My doctor put it perfectly, 'Guess you aren't one to do things in half'. I laughed at that... a lot.

So what does this mean for me? Well, it means another operation, three months after my first one (which is next week). Means more rehab, more time for me to go crazy but most importantly more for me to be thankful for.

Im thankful for my family and friends who are all top notch humans, they offer me never ending amounts of support and kind words which makes life easier. I classify all my sponsors as my friends as well, having them back me even when I can't skate is one of the most inspiring things for me. I am also thankful for my faith, because without that I don't know how I would be able to deal with such a stupid situation.

It sucks that I don't have the best of knees at the moment but the lesson that I learnt today is not to look at what you don't have, look at what you do have.

#illbeback

Phoebe

No comments:

Post a Comment