8 April 2014

Just When You Thought We All Died...

Do not worry, Birds On Boards is still alive! We haven't said anything, done anything skated anything in a long time, I would apologise for being so quiet but learning life lessons are far more important. Read on to find out what is actually going on!


About two months ago I found out that having a swollen and very painful knee can sometimes mean that you have ruptured your Anterior Cruciate Ligament (this was news to me). After a couple of appointments and a few scans it was confirmed, so now I am in no mans land waiting for surgery so I can begin the months of rehab that will get me back on a board. So what does this all have to do with birdsonboards?

Well you see I am a very selfish person and to see other people skating when I can't is literally the hardest thing for me. Well WAS the hardest thing for me. In the last two months I have learnt a couple of lessons that I think I will hold on to for the rest of my life. 

1. Just because you can't, doesn't mean that other can't as well.

2. It isn't all about the end destination, sometimes getting there is the whole point.

3. Don't go jumping around on beaches because you will most likely injure your other knee! What up double knee surgery!!!

I will expand on those thoughts a little later down the track. I have decided to do a continuing blog post called 'Broken to Back on Board'  which will follow my journey from surgery to rehab to skating again! Make sure you watch out for that.  

So the good news is that we are back in business, we will be back to posting interviews, sick videos of chicks ripping and most importantly back to running our monthly skate dates! 

Much love,

Phoebe

PS. Here is a rad pic of one of my x-rays.




No comments:

Post a Comment